Monday, September 13, 2010

It's not just AIESEC Chandigarh thats the problem! Complaints from Kolkata Interns:

Complaint Letter #1 about AIESEC Kolkata

My co-operation with AIESEC Kolkata has been strongly disappointing from the very beginning and I want to place an official complaint. For a long time together with other Eps we tried to change the situation but without any response from Aiesec Kolkata. we hope that together we can change something or at least warn future EPs about Kolkata and prevent them from coming here.

It started from the very beginning when I read the TN profile. Back then, I did not realize that what all the letter contained were lies. In fact all the TN profiles from AIESEC Kolkata were the same. While applying, I was sure that I applied for a job at PriceWaterHouseCoopers(PWC). Later, when the company called me for an interview, it turned out that I had actually applied for a job at hotel, not PW as stated in the TN profile. I was so surprised, because nothing about working at a hotel was mentioned in the TN. The company itself explained what their job entailed and as co-operation with them was really good; I decided to come. AIESEC did not help at all on that field.

As soon as I was accepted at the beginning of October, I waited for official documents from the company and AIESEC so that I can apply for a visa. AIESEC Kolkata assured me that it should not take longer than a week. In the meantime they asked me to pay 50 dollars for further procedures. I denied.

Then it was only worse because AIESEC has been lying to me and the company. Every week I was hearing a different excuse as to why the documents have not yet arrived which occurred continuously for 2 months. Later, even the company tried to help me and contacted AIESEC personally (actually Shreyansh Batia who was responsible for communication with EPs). Shreyansh assured the company that he had sent the documents on the 4th of November, and that they should arrive shortly. Weeks passed and I still did not receive them. Thousands of excuses were made, for example, "fault of courier". I finally got the documents on 22nd of November with the date of shipment 19th of November. So everything that I had been told before was just a lie. I was writing to AIESEC every day with no response. AIESEC Kolkata answered on average one out of five emails. They did not even answer phone calls from the company.

Unfortunately my problems were not over. No one picked me up from the airport even though I had sent the exact details of my flight. It was only because I knew another EP (thanks to the company) that I managed to somehow find the address. Also, no one took me to the job or offered any other help or support.

The house they've placed all the EPs in is another story. It is hard to even call it a house. There are two apartments - two rooms each and two bathrooms. Only one bathroom works. Sometimes we don't have water and when we have it is cold. We live here with 15 people all together now, but every day people are coming. We sleep on the floor on very thin mattresses, two people on one. But we have no more
mattresses with people still coming. No one is informing us about new arrivals so we cannot prepare for them. There is not a fridge or kitchen at all. No furniture also and no equipment. We sit on the floor on newspapers. There is no way to cook so we eat out. Its dirty and crowded. We don't have any shelves, so we keep everything in our luggage. Sometimes we don't even have electricity. We together and separately complained about this situation, but AIESEC Kolkata did nothing. Sometimes they promise something but never keep it. The only thing they remember is to collect money for rent. Then they will come,but to take EP to work - never.

There was not a single thing that Aiesec Kolkata did right. They never said sorry. I hope at least we can change it for future.

Regards,

Unhappy Kolkata Intern

1 comment:

  1. I think, this is very informative information given about Complaint Letter #1 about AIESEC Kolkata. Thanks for providing this information in front of me.
    2 BHK Flats for Sale in Salt Lake City Kolkata

    ReplyDelete