Monday, September 13, 2010

Complaint Letter #5 about AIESEC Kolkata!

My name is K.G.K. and I am the AIESECer from local committee of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia. I underwent an exchange as a development traineeship in Kolkata, India for 5 weeks from 19th of November until 25th of Disember 2000. But, there was something wrong occurred when I was doing my exchange. Here, I would like to complaint about AIESEC Kolkata in term of their treatment towards me and my friend for the whole of my exchanging period. Here are the lists of the complaint:

1. There was no one from AIESEC fetched me in Kolkata airport (Netaji Subash Chandra Bose International Airport) in 19th of November 2009 for the first time for me landed in Kolkata. AIESEC Kolkata only sent a taxi driver who held an A4 paper which it was written by my name. Plus, AIESEC Kolkata didn’t pay to the driver as me had to pay for myself about Rs 550. I was a victim of cheating because the normal price from the airport to my apartment only Rs 350.

2. In case of my assignment as a DT, I have to work under an NGO called Margam. According to the acceptance letter from AIESEC Kolkata, I have to start my assignment from 20th of November 2009 until 1st of January 2010. But, since I reached Kolkata for the first time in 19th of Nevember 2009, I had to wait for 12 days to start my assignment because there was no one from AIESEC Kolkata comes to fetch me to bring me to the Margam office for the first briefing of my assignment. My friends also had the same situations which are Katie and Natalie from New Zealand and Leisha from Australia. We work under Margam.

3. According to the acceptance letter, my assignment is to be a teacher where the NGO will provide for me a personal work space and working time from 9 to 5. But it was instead. There was no personal work space for me, I only need to work from 6:30 pm until 8 pm every week day and my role is was not like a teacher, I was more like a baby sitter.

4. My assignment in Margam School only last for 13 days (2nd of December 2009 until 15th of December 2009). Since that day, we were unemployed in Kolkata. It was because the teacher from the school said me and my friend need to stop our job in their school because they already have a formal teacher to teach the formal lesson compare our role in their school only as a volunteer teacher. For this case, there was no action from AIESEC Kolkata.

5. In case of my apartment accommodation, it was totally terrible. The condition was really bad. There was no bedroom basic stuff for me just like pillow, bed and wardrobe. I had 2 washrooms in my apartment but only 1 can be used. 1 of the pipe in the washroom was broken where only the cold water can spill out. So, there was no hot water when I took my daily shower as at the same time it was winter in India. I was freezing. I lived in an apartment with 2 homes. For the first time I reach there, the numbers of interns were 8 including me. But, the number keeps rising every single week where AIESEC Kolkata keeps receiving a few interns and put them in my home. Before I back, the number of interns reached 17 people.

Regards,

Intern from Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment