Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Life Changing Experience?

What is AIESEC? “the international platform for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential.", they say. "AIESEC helps people become change agents and have a positive impact on society". "AIESEC bridges gaps between cultures and provides amazing internships in 107 countries!"

Hey AIESEC, let me introduce to you AIESEC Chandigarh!


I don't know where to start really. Instead of writing all of my complaints in paragraph form (which I don't think I have enough space for) , I'll just write a quick world jumble, if you will, to describe my experience with AIESEC CHandigarh during my 2 months internship last summer.

Here goes: No airport pickup, no bus terminal pickup, locked up in room for 5 hours with no info or food after a 15 hour flight,no trainee house for the first two weeks, internship didn't start on time ( 2 weeks late), job description not fulfilled, stayed later in a house with 8 people while it was clear it has only space for 4 or 5, no toilet seat for the first week, no washing machine, took A big ammount of money from me as insurance 3000 R which i almost didn't get back even though i was Dt, took the same ammount from MTs but described it as rent, kicked me out of my house a week before i was supposed to leave because they didn't want to pay money for my rent because i was a DT. Phewwww, that's about it!... I think.

Now to be fair, i still managed to have a great time,and an experience that will cherish for a long time, but that's because of the amazing country and great people i meet there. The work of AIESEC Chandigarh can be described as abysmal at most.

Which brings me to my question to every AIESECer out there: Are we losing sight of what we are about?


From Unhappy AIESEC Chandigarh Intern # 3

No comments:

Post a Comment