Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Disappointed



I left my country knowing I gona work in Chandigarh and have my accommodation in Panckula, the childrens home. And that everything was planned as per my taste. Well I get here and I'm moved from place to place, Ambala to Chandigarh and back like thrice. Them finally i get settled in Ambala which is 1 hour away from Chandigarh. I take it all. Not forgetting the weather and that is was my first time in winter. So after my two weeks, the drama starts. we are forced to go to the Global Village when we were extremelly tired. We get there and in two days its' done , so we leave for Ambala but as soon as we arrive we are told that we should pack up and that we are going back to the school where the Global village was. We had no idea this plan was being made when we were there. We pack up and leave the next day. We arrive at the school and accommodation and meals were not thought of like we are gona starve and live on the streets. The director offers us his office as accommodation. I don't know if anyone has ever experienced living in the school with only a guard in it. We complain because we are 3 people in one bed. They organize a school store for us. I wass so in AIESEC chandigarh for having decided to invite us here and we leave the comfort of home for the comfort of the store....WOW!!! the things we go through.

did i mention that the picture i have attached up is situated in the school, has no bath room and the nearest bathroom is 100 meters away and we were three girls. the windows were broken and it was the current kitchen for non-staff members which turned into the intern house...it was near to the gate and the guard slept like 500 yards away so who would protect us?coz we live in the middle of the city. i wonder what kind of picture EPs who have just been introduced to AIESEC get and are having their first experience as this;what will they think about the organisation? its so sad that we can portray something like this to them because we will lose out on a lot of potential just because of AIESEC Chandigarh. we should work upon it.

From anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment