Thursday, December 23, 2010

Complaint Letter #8 about AIESEC Kolkata!

Complaint Letter about AIESEC Kolkata


To whom it may concern,


My name is K. B., an EP from LC SPUEF in Russia. From last December to this February, I was doing a Development Traineeship in Kolkata, India with the TN ID of TN-In-IN-CA-2009-2271 and my EP ID of EP-In-CN-TH-2009-1539. This letter is to express my dissatisfaction and complaint about AIESEC Kolkata.


First, I’m very dissatisfied with the fact that no one met me at the airport, however I’ve emailed my TN-manager Rajalakshmi Rajagopal twice about the data and time of my arrival asking her or anyone else from AIESEC to meet me at the airport. When I called Rajalakshmi she was surprised to hear I’m in Kolkata. Finally she ordered a taxi, but I had to pay for it Rs. 500 which was pretty unexpected. The taxi took me to the guest house where I’ve stayed on my own for three days. I also had to pay for this accommodation although I was on a DT and I had to get a free accommodation. AIESEC Kolkata promised me a refund of Rs. 1500 but they’ve never done it.


On the other hand, the accommodation in Kolkata for us is really unacceptable. There were always problems with the toilet, water supply and the door lock. Once when the lock was broken the AIESEC Kolkata sent a man to repair it. It had been done but the man and one of the AIESECers called Rahul were forcing me to pay Rs. 250. I’ve told them that it was their duty to provide the conditions for us. We were arguing for a long time although I had a high fever. One of the apartments was also for sale so there were people entering the flat all the time. In my opinion, it was a serious interruption in our privacy.


Then, we haven’t been given any guidance or useful instructions about living in the apartment. Sometimes the information was false. For example, I’ve asked my TN manager whether I need to take my bedclothes or they were going to be provided. She told me that they would be provided but indeed I had to buy bedclothes and even a blanket when I came to Kolkata. Facilities for cooking also were not provided.


Finally, it seems to be that members of AIESEC Kolkata are not really aware of their interns, their conditions, activities and health. They could organize neither leisure nor work for the interns. For example, it took me one week to start my job. Most of the DTs had no jobs at all. I was not an exception however I was lucky to find a job by myself. The members of AIESEC Kolkata are totally irresponsible.


I do hope someone in AIESEC International can understand what is happening to AIESEC in India and do something to change it. And if there is anything what I can do to help, please feel free to contact me.


Best Regards,

K.B.,

Saint-Petersburg, Russia

1 comment: