Wednesday, March 17, 2010

AIESEC Chandigarh- Have you lost your mind BABY?

After having several complications with my internship (which is a complete other blog entry in itself) I came up with a solution of moving to another intern house. This was pre-organized a couple of weeks earlier and I was all set to move into the house on the 20th of this month BUT in typical AIESEC Chandigarh style I was told that I cannot move into that house because an intern with 2 babies (repeat 2 BABIES) was taking my room.

This was not a shock to me as a few days ago the interns received a text message saying "AIESEC Chandigarh is the first LC in the whole world to have an intern that has even brought her children. Not 1 baby but two!" There is probably a reason for why no other LC has done it before. Because it is completely ridiculous! For starters an internship is a development traineeship for 1 person, NOT an entire family. And what is even more outrageous is that they did not even ask the other interns who would be living with this family if is it alright with them!?!

AIESEC cannot even accommodate the very few interns they have here at the moment so now they decide they want to bring BABIES into the equation. As previously mentioned we often go without gas, without water, living in unhygienic accommodation because AIESEC refuses to help maintain the intern houses. How is a child going to survive in these unsanitary conditions? How could they actually allow this match to occur? It is one thing to ruin our lives with their lies and empty promises but to now try to ruin the lives of 2 innocent children is just UNBELIEVABLE!

Once again thanks AIESEC Chandigarh for supporting my quantity over quality argument. We know that you don't care about the quality of our internship but now trying to get your numbers up by bringing families are just sick!!! What is even more outrageous is what would happen when the mother is at work? The interns would all be at home from their broken internships and would have new roles as babysitters. Anyone you is contemplating signing up for an internship with AIESEC Chandigarh I hope you know how to babysit!

Unhappy AIESEC Intern # 1

12 comments:

  1. wow! i see they keep on doing great job! hahahaha but India is incredible anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The argument about quantity over quality is unquestionable and there are huge problems in the LC you are right now, BUT, please, do not be so harsh about interns and babies. There ARE other cases when it has happened, but of course in normal living conditions. It is absurd that LC Chandigarh is doing that in the way they are doing that but if you are saying that simply having an internship as being a mom is something you should judge about...come on! This girl (http://marjam.blogspot.com/) is awesome example how you can improve your life as being an AIESECer and single mom simultaneously.
    I really feel sorry about the interns situation in India but please do not make generalizing judgments about issues that are much wider and complex than just a simple fact - AIESECer and with baby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see anything wrong in coming to internship with children (while I was making other exchange program, there was a girl with a child and they had really good fun).

    I am very sure that non of us- interns is saying that it is bad to have babies! Not at all! I am really happy about this girl, that she came here because it is a great chance for her to develop herself and also for the children to learn about new cultures.

    But definitely I cannot agree with the idea of her staying in a trainee house with 6 or 7 other people! It's not only about interns' everyday life (everybody knows that living with children is challenging - no loud music, no parties) but also about the safety of the children! Just read through the blog what kind of problems we have been having here... Can you imagine that these children wont have hot water or even a hot meal? I don't think so...
    Sorry but - what kind of mother is deciding for this if she isn't sure that her children will have safe environment? I really support her decision to do something for herself but she should have found some apartment/room/PG for herself instead of dealing with hippie-AIESEC-interns...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh? I cant believe this.. Well... what is the age of those kids? I would not take a kiddo to India even for a organized trip at least not before all the immunisation is done and the kid knows all about the hygiene... And I would definitely live in a hotel or at least as a PG with decent family.. On the other hand.. maybe she knows what she is doing.. but someone should tell her that shes gonna have to deal with even more kids here.. since no one is really grown up in aiesec cdg...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how when AIESECers become interns go from proactive to reactive. Or just how AIESEC interns are just so whiny all the time. Doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for your Information,
    the LC was in conversation with the Exchange Quality Board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aparently if it was nobody mentioned the conditions of the appartment they planned to accomodate this mother and her babies. And if they did I think there are even bigger idiots in Exchange Quality Board than in AIESEC Chandigarh.

    Sorry, but if you let the child of 2 of 5 live without hot water and cables falling out from the sockets you are nothing but an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI it was just a suggestion/question/request to the interns living in a particular trainee house if it would be ok for them to accommodate an intern with her 2 kids. As soon as it was communicated to the LC that the interns of that trainee house would not be comfortable with the idea, the mother of 2 was accommodated elsewhere. The LC never imposed the idea of shifting the mother without the consent of anyone who was to be affected by the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello people. I came to know about this page some months ago and all I could see was negative things about AIESEC in Chandigarh. Ok I won't say it cannot be true of course. I just want share my experience in India, Chandigarh.
    At first, I did have some small issues concerning the house, in terms of hygiene. However, just one thing changed my whole life. I was told if everything was perfect, how do you want to have this life changing experience? It is that one thing that makes me want go back to India the next year.
    I did not wait for AIESECErs to help me. I understood that I was on my own even though it was not supposed to be this way. I found another accommodation all by myself and didn’t really blame anyone for that. But when I did approach AIESECers there, they did not let me down. They helped me find another internship in some days only.
    I am happy that I had to face hardship in India, for it made me a stronger and an independent person. If you can live in India, then you can live anywhere in the world :)
    -Hema

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really helpful for people who did not know anything about this topic.



    Money Exchange in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get free Inspiration quotes to help you achieve your goals. poems from heart,positive life quotes, heart touching poems, real blogs and More Sign up today.
    Nothing found for Chandigrah Real Good Blogs

    ReplyDelete